Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Fried Parley Potatoes



I am not a big potato eater.  The reason for this is - I am a big potato eater.

I could easily eat potatoes all day.  Unfortunately, this is one of those foods that you will turn into if you're not careful.

However, every now and then, I want my spuds.

This is easy, tasty and filling.

What you will need:
  • A frying pan with a lid
  • A wooden spoon (I like wooden utensils as they don't harm the pot or pan)
  • Three large potatoes
  • 1/2 cup of chopped parsley
  • 2 tablespoons of butter
  • Salt and pepper
Peel the potatoes and cut them into chunks small enough to pass through the "okay" thumb and index finger hole.

Melt the butter in the frying pan and then add the potatoes.

Cook on a medium to high heat with the lid on the pan.
Stir every five minutes for just a few seconds.  Otherwise you may burn a few.

After 20 minutes (and a few stirrings) add the chopped parsley.  Also add salt and pepper to suit your taste. As always, if you're not sure how much salt, use less rather than more.  You can always add more later if you want, but it's really hard to get off if you over do it.

After a total of 30 minutes, this should be done.  Test a potato.  It should be soft all the way through.

Optional:  As always, mexican cheese salsa or sour cream can make this even better.  Additonally, you may want to consider washing the potatoes and then leaving the skin on.  I hear it is healthier that way.

Eat and enjoy.

jim

Thanks for visiting my sponsors.
j

No comments:

Post a Comment